Hi everyone,
Most of you knew that I was away to Calgary for the U12 Indoor Nationals, although I had a wonderful time there and Team Ontario did well, but I have to say it is nice to be back!
After last night's training. I felt that everyone looked great and overall engaged in practice with positive energy, but I do think few of the players need to work on their intensity, focus and bring more to the table. I will address this to everyone as a group and talk to individual player as needed.
We have been in competitive phase for about two to three weeks now, there has been a lot of participation in tournaments, so good for those players went out and being competitive! Having said that, it is time for us to step back to general preparation and training phase. So for next couple of weeks, we will be focusing on all the important fundamentals players need to have and help players further develop or maintain them. Things like:
1. Having the right grip
2. Be at the ball early and in position to have a good setup
3. Having a proper impact point and good timing at all time
4. Focus on having a long hitting zone with good racquet acceleration and body mechanics
5. Proper recovering after each ball
6. Split steps, good racquet preparation, explosive first step to the ball
7. Develop good rally rhythm and hit the ball on the top of the bounce
8. Couple of specific shots I would like to train are: swing volley, defensive lob (continental grip)
These are some of the key things we will be working on and we will be relentless on them, it is also a good time that we help some individual player with their technical red flags. There will be a lot of volume this week and I want to make sure all players come into the program focused and ready to work hard!
Let's have a great week!
Peter Liu
No comments:
Post a Comment