Hello everyone! Welcome to the 2015/16 ORC tennis academy. I am Peter Liu, the leader of the U12 Performance program. I hope everyone had a wonderful summer, took some time off, did some traveling, and most importantly, played lots of tennis! I am very excited about this year's academy program. Not only that we have quite few familiar faces returning, there are also a large number of new players joining us! I'm sure there is a fun, positive, and engaging season ahead of us.For this week's plan. We will be focusing on proper warm-up routine, assessing everyone's fundamentals and overall play level, learn to co-operate during rally, and finally, give everyone a chance to serve and play some points. The key for this and next week is to really setup the right tone and a performance environment for everyone in the program.
Just a couple of important things:
1) The first two weeks of academy are always a bit crazy. There will be players still going through assessments or trying out programs. Some existing players might need to switch programs based on their skill level. Please bear with me during this time, and do not hesitate to speak to or contact me if you have any questions or concerns.
2) For the players, please remember to bring a water bottle to class, and dress sporty with proper footwear. Weather can change drastically too, so don't forget your long sleeves and pants.
Once again, I'm very excited to start a new season, and am looking forward to seeing everyone!
Peter Liu
I should know this but what is the academy schedule for thanksgiving weekend? thanks!
ReplyDeleteFor the Thanksgiving long weekend. We are off on Saturday and Monday.
ReplyDelete